Gifts of Stock
A Gift of Stock Can Yield a Wealth of Benefits for You and Clean Water
When you give a stock donation or appreciated securities to LA Waterkeeper you will be advocating for the future of our bays, beaches and rivers while making a positive difference in your community. At the same time, you are diversifying your portfolio and may also receive an immediate tax deduction and savings on your gains taxes.
How it works
1. You transfer stock/securities to LA Waterkeeper through your broker.
2. LA Waterkeeper sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the securities you donate.
- You can direct your gift to a specific fund, program or purpose.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now or funding a life-income gift that benefits the LA Waterkeeper later.
To donate stock to LA Waterkeeper, please send the following information to:
Los Angeles Waterkeeper
120 Broadway, Suite 105
Santa Monica, CA 90401
By email to Jennifer Badger, firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of Shares
Name of Stock/Security
Intended Date of Transfer
Approximate Dollar Value of Gift
Los Angeles Waterkeeper is a charitable, non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization. Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Our tax ID number is 95-4444787. For more information about gifts of stock, Los Angeles Waterkeeper, other gifts and ways to support our work, please contact Jennifer Badger at email@example.com or (310) 394-6162 ext 103.